Guacamole really took off and people love to put a new twist on it, but I can honestly say that, to me, it still tastes best with a few simple ingredients.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: --
TOTAL TIME: 5 minutes
YIELD: Serves 6
3 large, ripe avocados
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
juice of 1 lime
(for added heat) 1 jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
1. Chop onion, tomato, and cilantro. Set aside.
2. Slice and de-pitt avocados.
*Be sure to save one pit to keep in the bowl to help avocados from browning*
3. Mash avocado in it's skin, then scoop into a mixing bowl.
4. Stir in onion, tomato, and almost all of the cilantro (you'll want to save some for garnish.)
5. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Top with cilantro.
Personally, I prefer a chunkier guacamole, but if you like yours really smooth, you may want to put it in the blender. Guac will stay good for about 2 days in the fridge. Feel free to add extra lime juice to help with browning.