I usually mix some tahini and sriracha to dip my vegetables in on the side. You could also use a vegan goddess dressing, hummus, or make a vegan aioli.
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 1 large power plate
1 cup cooked lentils
1 cup cubed butternut squash
2 cups fresh kale
1 cup baby bella mushrooms
about 1/3 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
Spices and extras:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss butternut squash cubes in a little olive oil and maple syrup. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat your lentils on the stove top with a little garlic. When heated through, move to a separate, covered plate.
3. In the same pan, cook your kale. I like to add a bit of water to pan so the kale mostly steams and doesn't become too charred. Also recommend seasoning with soy sauce and garlic. Remove kale from pan onto the plate with the lentils.
4. Next, cook your mushrooms. The mushrooms can cook with garlic and olive oil. If you have any cooking wine on hand, you could add a dash of that as well.
5. Finally, season your tofu liberally with turmeric, black pepper, soy sauce, and maple syrup. Allow spices to soak into the block before sautéing. Sauté tofu for a few minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
6. Remove roasted butternut squash and plate everything together. Serve immediately. Enjoy!