The challenge will begin Monday, September 14th and go until Sunday, October 11th!
I feel like Autumn is the perfect season to kick off a clean challenge because of all of the wonderful veggies that are abundant. Butternut squash. Sweet potatoes. Acorn squash. Carrots. Brussels Sprouts. Cabbage. Cauliflower. Turnips. Kale. Need I continue?!
If you've played along before, you know that my rules for clean eating are a tad different than others. Since I'm already vegan, I'm not eliminating ordinary dairy and meat processed foods, however, during the clean challenge I do not indulge in any vegan cheeses, fake meats, etc. Though they're much healthier than the real thing, this challenge is about FRUITS AND VEGGIES.
What am I avoiding?
- No refined sugars (white sugar, brown sugar, etc.) *Any processed items that may contain sugar including ketchup, salsa, canned items,etc.
- No pasta
- No tortillas
- No bread
- No processed vegan cheese :-(
- No processed vegan cream cheese/ sour cream
- No processed veganiasse
- No processed soy milk/cream (I will do unsweetened almond milk)
- No processed vegan butter
- No processed vegan meats (tempeh and tofu are okay, I'm talking about packaged vegan sausages, etc.)
- No potatoes (sweet potatoes are okay)
- No beer or sugary alcohol
- No fried food
- LIMIT MY COOKING OIL (Olive and Coconut)!!! (Anytime I need it, I will use 1 tbsp. and then sub vegetable stock or water for the rest of the dish)
ALL THE FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!! No, no, not all of them. I already said I'm not eating potatoes. I will stick to as in-season fruits and veggies as possible. The possibilities are endless. I'll be making my own hummus, guacamole and salsas. IF I'm dying for vegan sour cream/cream cheese/ cheese, I will make my own from scratch. I am looking forward to cooking up soups, stuffing bell peppers and squash, brown rice + beans, interesting stir-frys, creating filling salads, sensational smoothies and more!
I will be blogging the journey and will be bringing you CLEAN vegan, gluten free recipes. I hope you will join me and leave your progress in the comments section. If you're joining on Instagram or Facebook, use the hashtag #ChristinasCleanChallenge!!