I try to start every morning with a fruit and vegan protein smoothie. For lunch, I usually pack some variety of rice, beans, greens, and avocado. This summer I have made a deal with myself to start packing more hearty salads and the first one up is this delicious Hearty. Roasted. Veggie. Salad. MMMM.
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
3/4 cup cooked brown rice
1 cup salad base (kale, cabbage, chard, spinach, etc.)
1 cup roasted veggies (broccoli, cauliflower)
1 cup spicy roasted chickpeas (recipe below)
coconut oil for roasting
For the spicy roasted chickpeas:
1 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp sriracha
top with nutritional yeast
1. Wash and chop all veggies.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. Combine soy sauce, mustard, curry powder, sriacha in a bowl and toss in chickpeas.
4. Empty marinated chickpeas, broccoli, and cauliflower onto a baking sheet. Pour excess marinade over the chickpeas.
5. Drizzle with coconut oil. Top with nutritional yeast.
6. Roast veggies and chickpeas for 25 minutes, flipping around once halfway through.
7. Allow veggies and chickpeas to cool before assembling salad. Layer salad in a jar or tupperware. Pack dressing on the side.
For the dressing, I used this recipe from Love and Lemons.