Click to set custom HTML
So...Trisha Yearwood has a cooking show and I happened to watch an episode when I was home for Christmas. She was making chocolate peanut butter bars that were quick and looked delicious. Her recipe has TWELVE tablespoons of butter! You can find her recipe here. But, I was convinced I could make a healthier option that's just as tasty! The results were amazing. Read below and whip these up tonight.
1/2 stick of Earth Balance vegan butter
2 cups pretzel rods crushed into crumbs
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 cup natural peanut butter
1.5 cups vegan chocolate chops
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Melt vegan butter in the microwave.
2. Combine melted butter, peanut butter, pretzel crumbs and sugar in a large bowl.
3. Mix until batter is thick. Evenly press mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
4. Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips in 30 seconds increments in the microwave. Stirring between until all chips are melted.
5. Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate for at least one hour or until chocolate has hardened.
6. Slice into small squares and serve