This recipe combines flavors you already love in a new way. It's the perfect dish for Spring/Summer because of the light and bright flavors. I much prefer tofu to seitan, so I chose to use that as the base, but you could absolutely sub seitan or even tempeh.
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
YIELD: 2 servings
1 block extra firm tofu, drained
1 bunch fresh parsley
1 bunch fresh cilantro
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves fresh garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp vegan mayo
sea salt to taste
For sautéing later: 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. In a blender or food processor combine parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, vegan mayo, and sea salt. Pulse until well combined.
2. Chop tofu block into 6 equal parts. Layer chimichurri sauce and tofu blocks in a tupperware dish to marinate.
3. Let tofu chimichurri marinade overnight or at least 2 hours. Reserve excess chimi sauce in another container.
4. Once tofu has marinated, head a skillet over medium heat and coat with coconut oil.
5. Grill tofu steaks until golden brown (about 5 minutes on each side.)
6. Pour excess chimichurri sauce over the tofu steaks and serve.