Spicy Warm Lentil Salad
My spicy warm lentil salad is the perrrrrfect dinner for a cold night. It's hearty and filling but filled with delicious nutrients. It is truly a power salad! I was inspired by the warm lentil salad at Alice's Teacup in Manhattan. Their version is served on mesclun which wilt when warm. For my version, I chose to use kale because I love how hearty it is even when cooked. I also added the Brussels and broccoli to pump up the fill-me-up factor.
|Lentils. Brussel Sprouts. Broccoli. Kale. MMMMMMM|
This salad is quick, simple and big on flavor. The lemon olive oil brightens while the dressing packs heat. The veggies and lentils are savory. All together, this salad will dazzle even the most devout salad-hater.
INGREDIENTS: (yields one large salad)
4-5 cups fresh kale, chopped
1/2 cup Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup broccoli
1 cup cooked lentils
1 tbsp. lemon olive oil
1 tbsp. soy sauce/tamari
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
2 parts tahini
1 part sriracha
Chipotle powder to taste
1. Clean and prep veggies.
2. In a medium pan, heat lemon olive oil and half a tbsp of garlic. Cook broccoli and Brussels until al dente.
3. Next add the kale, and about 1/4 cup of water to the pan. Cover with lid to steam kale (about 2 minutes.)
4. Toss kale and other veggies together and allow to cook a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat.
5. In a separate pan, add soy sauce and other half tbsp of garlic.
6. Allow lentils to heat in soy sauce and garlic.
7. Assemble tahini, sriracha, and chipotle powder in a small bowl.
8. Combine all ingredients on a large plate and enjoy!
|I am obsessed with Trader Joe's flavored Olive Oils.|