Ladies and gents, I give you the #vegan Chicken Philly Sandwich - my submission for the #15sChef competition! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽@beyondmeat @15schef @daiyafoods @veganfoodshare
Vegan Chicken Fajita Enchiladas
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 50 minutes
YIELD: 10 enchiladas (serves 5 people)
1 package vegan chicken strips
2 cups shredded vegan cheese
10 medium flour tortillas
1 can refried black beans
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can green chilies
2 large bell peppers (any color)
1 onion (any color)
1 cup white mushrooms
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
cooking spray for baking and sautéing
1. Finley chop bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and vegan chicken strips.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat and preheat oven to 350. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
3. First add bell peppers and onions to the pan.
4. **Time saving trick** While the veggies are sautéing, begin to scoop one spoonful of refried black beans on to each tortilla. Be sure to do this just left of the center of the tortilla.
5. Add mushrooms and vegan chicken to the veggie pan. Add cumin, chili powder, and garlic.
6. Add green chilies to veggie skillet. Sauté until all veggies are well cooked and spices are well mixed.
7. Once veggies are cooked, turn off heat. Add 2 small spoonfuls of filling into each tortilla right over where you place the refried beans and roll into enchilada. (The beans really help to bind the inside so that your enchiladas stay tightly rolled and don't cause a big mess.)
8. Pack enchiladas in a tight row length-wise in the pan. When you run out of room, fill in a second row where your enchiladas will fit.
9. Pour enchilada sauce over your rolled tortillas trying to evenly coat each one. Top with vegan cheese and another coat of enchilada sauce if you have it.
10. Bake enchiladas at 350 for 25 minutes. ENJOY!